Wednesday, May 16, 2007

More tales from the 'human habitrail'


Though I try to do right by my cardiovascular system by walking up the six flights of stairs to my office everyday - I often take the easy way out. And while it's a short trip, often the elevator ride is full of little vignettes that would make great plots for episodes of "Curb Your Enthusiasm."

These events evoke thoughts in my head, that only the show's creator and star Larry David would say out loud.

Here's a common occurrence. I stand in the back of the elevator as a pack of heavy duty office honies, fresh off a lunchtime smoke break and a 'run to the border' (they're still carrying the 64 oz. Taco Bell cups of soft drink). These are ladies with low centers of gravity. They wobble but they don't fall down.

We start on the skyway level - 2nd floor - and one of them pushes '3.'

I imagine Larry David - were he in my place - would follow the women to the edge of the elevator door and offer a suggestion and a smirk as they waddle away.

"Excuse me ladies. Ah, you know maybe walking up a flight a stairs wouldn't kill you. I mean, I'm not saying you're...But I'm just saying."

No comments: