Monday, June 09, 2008

Highlights and lowlights of the past week


Here's a few:

Got called to do an assignment for work that involved driving to Winona, MN (140 miles one way). During the course of my 14 hour work day, I spent about 5 hours in the car.

Next day - the alternator in the car goes on the fritz and I spend $482 for the repair. Also, my battery is weak and will need to be replaced before winter.

However - Saturday is a beautiful day. Wife and I ride downtown to BluesFest for the afternoon and then hang out at a backyard bbq in the evening. Over the course of the day, I got to hang with good friends and their adorable children, hear some good music, ingest lots of beer, grilled meat and vodka. And, to top it off, I got lucky.

Ice Cube aint' got nothing on that day.

1 comment:

Moe Wanchuk said...

Wow...Beer and Beaver in the same day. That's like winning the Lotto!