Monday, September 08, 2008

God, I love football

I'm not a joiner. I'm not a gang-member. I'm not a religious zealot. But I AM a football fan, which I guess slightly contradicts my former assertions.

So that means today is one of my favorite days of the year. It's the first day of the football season for my favorite team and I'm hopeful. Although, as a lifelong Vikes fan, I've learned to temper my optimism with the reality that EVERY friggin' year, this team ultimately disappoints its fans.

Be that as it may, I've predicted that the Vikes will go 9-7 this year and finish behind the Chicago Bears - who looked pretty dominant against the Colts last night. Detroit is still dismal. The Packers are Favre-less. So the Vikings will do what they do best, show flashes of promise with an exciting running back - Adrian Peterson - who make the ESPN highlight reels many times this year. And their defense will keep the score in many games close. But, I have to go with history: 9-7.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

11-5
Running, new-found passing and defense...NFC nort champs baby.

Failcooks said...

I tried reading the first two paragraphs and then my brain went bla bla bla la la oh look! The cat is licking his butt! That's more interesting. . . Let's have a looky loo. . .