Saturday, January 03, 2009

New Year's resolutions for 09


#1 - Keep up with blog

2 - Read a book per month. By the way, I highly recommend "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell. It's non-fiction. Gladwell looks at successful and not so successful people and explores the circumstances around their situations. He makes a compelling case to show there are no 'self-made' people. We're all molded by forces we can't control. For better or worse.

Right now, I'm getting ready to read some fiction. I heard "Midnight's Children" by Salman Rushdie is pretty good.

3. Be with my family at Christmas time. At least. I miss them too much.

4. Ride the bicycle more this year.

5. Take more pictures. I've got a Flickr Pro account and enough flash memory in my camera to hold several hundred pictures. Why not?

6. Make a bunch of raviolis and freeze them.

7. My biceps could be a little bigger...

8. And I should keep up with the blog more...Did I say that already?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My #1 is to stop cheesing.
A close second is finding a way to incorporate bacon into every meal.

Failcooks said...

You are so cute.