Thursday, February 14, 2008

From the heart


Valentine's day cards are generally way too sappy and fake. I mean, really, a card with a picture of a silouetted couple on the front and a canned message inside is supposed to get you some leg?

Not for me. I've decided to post my superior-awesome Valentine's Day poem to my beloved on my blog for the whole world (or the three or four people who read it) to see:



Your love is better than bacon
or finding a 20 dollar bill in my coat

Your love is better than sunshine
and chocolate and freedom and whiskey
or clean laundry or curried goat

without you life would be cruel, nasty and banal
it would suck, much worse, than being hungover at the dentist getting a root canal
(with Celine Dion music playing in the background)

I love the things you don't like about yourself
like the body parts you think are too big

I love you more than the gays like the showtunes
I need you more than Harry Connick Jr. needs a gig
(really, what's he been doing lately?)

Your beauty makes me feel giggly and warm
like a schedule one drug

And right now I need a fix,
c'mon baby gimme a hug
(like 50 cent)

You're prettier than new money
sexier than a rare, ribeye steak

You smell nicer than a Bed Bath and Beyond
you make other women jealous and say 'gimme a break'

Some may hate you cause you're beautiful
but let them haters hate

All that matters is I love you
This is a celebration bitches - let's celebrate!

Happy Valentine's Day baby

2 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

B- you rock. Great poem.

Anonymous said...

That's the same poem you sent to me!