Monday, March 03, 2008

My theme song



I've often wondered that if I was a character in a movie, what my theme music would be? Well, I've found it in a song called "That Kind of Man," by a band called The Heavy.

What better musical accompaniment could a soul brother like me ask for? That driving beat and Curtis Mayfield-esque vocals bumping as the camera follows me as I cruise through downtown Minneapolis in my dope Ford Focus.

"duh-nah nah, duh duh nah nah, duh duh nah nah..."

I'm on my way for a big meeting with 'The Man.' Now I'm walking down an alley, wearing a full-length black leather trench coat, black beatle-boots and a turtle neck sweater.

"duh-nah nah, duh duh nah nah, duh duh nah nah..."

sweet...

4 comments:

Flenker said...

that song is amazing, the perfect theme song. Well done, good sir

Anonymous said...

I know it's not nearly as tough but I gotta think that Psapp's "Hi" would have to be mine.

Also, I think when your theme music comes on and you are walking down that alley it should be leather chaps that you are donning.

charczuk said...

freakin' awesome theme song

Whiskeymarie said...

Nice choice.

I'd like mine to be something by Slim Whitman. Or maybe Dolly Parton. Something that involves yodeling and/or boobs.

And i agree with Mr. Hipps. Chaps. but they need to be assless to work.