Sunday, May 18, 2008

Springtime


What isn't there to dig about spring?

When I sit at the computer at 9:30 a.m. on a Sunday, here's what I see. The sun is busting through a big pine tree right outside the window. If I listen closely, I can hear the sounds of springtime: the many patrons of the coffeeshop next door chatting and sipping Peace Coffee; their bored children squeak as they chase each other around on the sidewalk.

About this time of the morning, the little cat Baci is vying for my attention by rubbing up against my shins and occasionally, reaching a paw up to tap me on the leg. Most times he adds a little 'claw' to ensure some sort of response.



That's my cue to pick the little dickens up and harass him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy it while it lasts...soon it will be sticky and HOT!
I am thinking we need a nice biodome in the MN budget...can you talk to Pawlenty about that?