Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It doesn't get this cold in Africa


Sometimes when it gets this cold, I get mad at white folks for the whole slavery thing. I think, 'hey, if they didn't take my people out of Africa, I'd be in some warm country right now.' Sure, I might be dodging bullets or machetes in the coup attempt of the week. But I'd be able to unclench my shoulders and neck once in a while.

So, if you're white and you drive by a group of black folks shivering in the cold waiting for a bus. And they scowl at you -- all warm and content in your sensible compact car. Chances are they're thinking the same thing I am: "Damn, it don't get this cold in Africa."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...but the cell service is terrible.

Whiskeymarie said...

O.k, that's hilarious.

And, great to see you the other night- let's double-date soon.