Sunday, July 20, 2008

Band of Brothers

Nate, Billy, Me and Chrispy earlier this week at Cosmos. These guys are, as the Chosen People say, Mensches. I looked up a couple definitions for Mensch and this one, from JewishHealing.com says it best:

A mensch literally means "a person" in Yiddish, but figuratively it means something much deeper. A mensch is a person with whom you would be happy to befriend and associate with, because you feel genuine in a mensch's presence. A mensch is a highly evolved human being.

The night this photo was taken by my lovely Mrs. was a weeknight. I had to cut my celebrating short, but she, Nate and Chris were heading out for more drinking and shenanigans. Now, my wife is a full grown woman and can handle herself. But there are times when I wake up at 7:30 a.m. to start my day and she's still out having her evening, I can get a twinge of worry. In this case, I didn't have a bit of concern. I knew she was with two men whom I trust with my life. And I knew that if any crap went down, that these guys would do everything to protect hers.

That's just what a mensch will do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...cause we're 4 Live Jews and we're kosher as we wanna be!

Nate in Texas said...

She was in good hands bro, but those hands were attached to a body that passed out sitting upright in a chair at 5:30 a.m. ... last thing I remember, your betrothed was still rummaging through the minbar.

Woman reminds me of Marion Ravenwood in Raiders of the Lost Ark ... drinkin dude under the table at a Nepalese establishment.

Great seein y'all and miss my mensches somethin fierce ...