Monday, July 13, 2009

Meatless Lunch Week: Last Day

Work gets in the way of lunch sometimes. That was the case on Friday. I was rushing around town covering an Obama cabinet official's visit to Minneapolis and couldn't grab lunch until after 2 p.m.

Lucky for me Torby's Pizza lowers the price of their slices after 2 p.m. I was able to grab a slice of veggie and a slice of cheese for just more that 5 bones with tax.

Torby's is decent pizza. Although sometimes, especially after 2 p.m., the pizza you get looks like it should be placed in a 'factory seconds' bin. There's been a few occasions where I've gotten back to the office and just as I'm about to shove the slice into my mouth, I notice that parts of the crust have been charred beyond recognition. A more disciplined person would just walk back to the joint and ask for a new piece. I'm usually too hungry and just shave off as much of the edible upper layer of the crust as I can.

1 comment:

Whiskeymarie said...

I've eaten my share of crappy pizza at work too- sometimes you don't really have a choice.

I loved your "what I had for lunch" series. I'm going to start requesting "theme weeks" from you, like- "The great Badwims pork-off" or, "Spicy Butthole week" where all you eat is really spicy Thai, Mexican, and Indian.

Give it some thought...
;)