Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Sandwich week day two

Tuesday: Potbelly Sandwiches

I've been going to this place in the skyways for a while. There's actually two nearby. And I keep going back because they make a good turkey sandwich. The key? They toast them bitches.

Yep. That's the key right there. Heat. It adds flavor and texture to an otherwise bland, mushy affair.

Normally, I'm not a fan of places that ask you what you want on your sandwich. I'm like, 'you're making the sandwich. Do your job and make my lunch.' And even though Potbelly does that, I've learned a simple rhyme that keeps me from doting over all the friggin' choices. It goes like this, "mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomato." It kinda rhymes and it's easy for me and the sandwich maker to remember. Now, they do have hot peppers. And they taste good. But they put pickled carrots in the mix and they're too damn hard and crunchy. Fucks up the whole gestalt of the grinder.

I usually get the regular size sandwich, but today I needed the big one. Only a buck more. And so far, it is the best turkey sandwich in town. But I've got three more days to go.

erk.

2 comments:

Nate in Texas said...

Potbelly definitely gets my vote as best sandwich shop in Minneapolis, at least before I moved in 2004.

Nate in Texas said...

Honorable Mention - Loon Cafe