Friday, December 15, 2006

kewl movie





Starship Troopers

I got home last Saturday night late and turned on the TV and lo and behold one of the kewlest movies ever was on.
Here's what I love about it. Special effects are great. Especially in the scene in the picture above. The movie is a bit cheesy. Especially at the beginning. I won't try to explain the movie to anyone who hasn't seen it. But briefly: All these great looking people start out as gung ho young recruits in the military as the Earth as it battles against, well huge, wickedscary bugs who live on the planet Klendethu, or something.

The bugs send a big meteor to hit the earth and destroys Buenos Aires.

Of course, the humans are whipped into a fervor and they boast that their going to squash all them bugs. When they arrive on the planet they realize that they underestimated the bugs and they get their asses kicked. Then the movie gets real dark from there.



And I'm not the only one who loves this movie. Earlier this week, I was (long story short) sitting in a hallway at City Hall waiting for the council to finish up a meeting. Waiting with me are several news folks, including a cameraman from a local station who starts talking about Starship Troopers. He loved it for the same reasons I did.

small world huh?

No comments: