Sunday, December 31, 2006

These things I believe



(I believe in sharp cheddar, strong coffee and rare beef)


I believe that deep, raucous laughter - the kind that makes you snort - is good for your health.

I believe that married people should still make out.

I believe that there's intelligent life on other planets, and that they're ignoring us

I believe in the healing powers of chocolate

I believe women with curves and a bit of a wiggle are sexy

I believe in taking naps on the couch with the television on

I believe that "The Exorcist" is still the scariest movie ever

I believe fiercely in the statement "No Gods, No Masters"

I believe ketchup is underrated

I believe that everyone should know how to do something with their hands, to create something.

I believe that the crux of America's problem of racism is between Af Ams and white folks.

I believe in slow food.

I believe that bacon is worth the price of eternal damnation (can't claim this witticism as my own - I saw it on a t-shirt).

I believe that white folks come in many colors - pink, purple and grey, to name a few

I believe that athletic competition is a good thing, but unfortunately, fans are too 'fanny' and professional athletes take themselves way too seriously.

I believe in eye contact and polite greetings; in holding doors open for people; in talking about the weather in elevators with strangers; in being nice - and that 'nice' does not equal 'phony.'

I believe that Americans are way too obsessed with the lives of famous people

I believe that the smartest people are the ones who are not afraid to ask questions when they don't know the answer.

I believe in Marshall Amplification

I believe in gravy

I believe that people who don't like cats are worthy of suspicion

I believe Kevin Garnett is the best basketball player in the NBA

I believe the best buzz involves a few drinks, a little weed and the company of someone who makes you laugh

I believe that conversation is a lost art

I believe that germs are everywhere - so just deal with it

I believe that Angus Young is god

I believe in Apple computers

I believe that you let other people make you mad

I believe that hetero men should not be afraid of their own nipples

I believe in non-fiction

I believe in the blues scale

I believe in foreplay

I believe that Public Enemy's "Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos" is the greatest rap song ever

I believe that reason and logic are underrated and get a bad rap

I believe in 'both/and'

I believe that real men cry -- (and not just when their team loses)

I believe that my parents love me with all their hearts

I believe in sharp cheddar, strong coffee and rare beef

I believe that man created god in his own image - that's why there are gods to match nearly every culture on the planet.

I believe humans are BOTH good and evil

I believe people should not be afraid to question their own deeply held beliefs -- and mine

1 comment:

Eric the Wild-Eyed Libertarian said...

I believe that humans must find a way to survive on another planet.