Sunday, November 26, 2006

Un-glam rock


It's the morning after our big CD release party at Station 4. I have a hangover that is probably less from the whiskey and beers I consumed on stage, and more about all the head-banging I do while I play.

I got home last night around 2:30 a.m. with most of my gear in the back of the Focus. I'll take it back to the rehearsal space when I'm good and ready.

I ran into more technical difficulties last night at the show. I started hearing a loud buzzing sound coming from my rig and then for some reason my sound cut out during the next to last song.

eh - it could have been worse.

We started our set late so we cut a song out. I think we played well for the most part, although I couldn't help notice people start to trickle out of the bar during the set. Maybe we were just too loud - or maybe they didn't dig the music.

I'd like to thank everyone who stuck around to see us, in fact I can probably name each of them: Eric and Kim, Collin and Katie, Mecca, Jeff, Frank and Tim from ET, Liz and Kathy, and Leah. There are probably a few more that I didn't mention because I didn't meet them. but there you have it - about a dozen folks.

Did I mention we made $90?

I ain't complaining. There are so many people who would gladly change places with me -- frustrated guitar players and band-fans who just never took the time to learn how to play and organize a band. And some bands don't even get a chance to play gigs at all.

I'll end it there. I could go on, but I've got to try and nurse this hangover by watching the Vikings play some lackluster football against the Cardinals in about a half an hour.

1 comment:

Failcooks said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You are a mo fo rockstar, baby.